Thinking about it, three alternatives going forward:
- stick with current blogodex. pros and cons as per above.
- switch blogodex to YAML. I really liked this idea, until I saw that blogger would put extra formatting cruft in a multi-line block. Additionally, blogger labels aren't multi-line friendly.
- Make a new blogodex format, a bit more forgiving typing-wise.
Ideas for new blogodex to try:
- maintain backwards compatibility. lines that begin with "blogodex =" are 1.0, lines that begin with "blogodex:" are 2.0
- format something like this: blogodex: optional-TOC / optional-Index Entries
- B: my toc topic
- B: toc topic / index topic 1, index topic 2
- B: toc topic (no index)
- B: / index topic (no toc)
- what delimiters are best?
blogodex: blogodex / blogodex 2.0